View Waterfalls in a larger map
- Height: 23' / 27'
- GPS: N35 40.854, W93 20.040
- USGS Quad: Rosetta
- Distance: 1.5 miles One-Way
- Difficulty: Moderate Hike
- Location: Ozark National Forest
- Ranger District: Pleasant Hill
- Region: Arkansas Ozarks & Boston Mountains
Details & Directions
These two falls are tucked away in a neat little side canyon that is just off of the Ozark Highlands Trail. When there is plenty of water, they look great, and the hike to them is worth it! The remnants of a hobo camp has been found near these falls several times in the past, hence the name for the falls.
To get to these falls, you will hike down the OHT from a parking/access area along a gravel road. There are two ways to get here.
1. From the community of Ozone, take AR Hwy 21 north for 6.7 miles, then Turn Right onto CR#5570/FR#1003 (also become CR#5680 & then C$#5741). Zero your odometer here. After 1.0 mile, stay left at an intersection, stay right at another intersection at 2.1 miles, and keep straight at 3.6. (it will turn into CR#5680 soon, but still be FR#1003) Keep straight again at 6.1 and 6.9, then stay right at 9.0. (it will turn into CR#5741, but still be FR#1003) The OHT will cross the road at 10.1, and there will be a place to park.
2. From Haw Creek Falls Campground, take AR Hwy 123 south for 3.3 miles, then Turn Right onto CR#5741/FR#1003. Go 4.7 miles, then you will see a parking area where the OHT crosses the road.
Starting in the parking area, follow the OHT to the west. It will head down hill, crossing a few small creeks along the way, then will come alongside Cedar Creek near the bottom. At 1.1, there is a beautiful slough area with a nice emerald pool. Continue along the trail, crossing Cedar Creek at 1.4 miles.
Ahead and on the right, you will see a side canyon. Leave the trail and hike up the side canyon a few hundred feet. A smaller side canyon will be on your right, and the East Falls will be visible. The West Falls are another couple hundred feet or so ahead.